January 7, 2010

Sprouting Out


I'm experimenting with new veggies. I'm trying to get as much green in my day as I possibly can. I put tons of spinach in my green smoothies. I've tried making kale chips. I eat a salad almost everyday.

I've always been curious of brussel sprouts. I never really had them when I was a kid and people cringe when they hear brussel sprouts. One of my co-workers at the river made them sauteed with butter once. They were really really good! That was the only time I had them so I wanted to re-create them again but a little bit healthier. When I roast my veggies I like them really well done so adjust the time in the oven to your liking.
  1. Slice sprouts in half
  2. Blanch in boiling water for 1-2 minutes
  3. Roast in 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until desired tenderness.
  • I kept mine in the oven for 20 minutes +



No comments: